The MINI-MAX Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Monitor defines the state of the art in the measurement of the actual elongation produced by tightening a threaded fastener. MINI-MAX can measure the elongation very accurately in fasteners of virtually any material from 1/2 inch to 4 feet in length.
The measurement is achieved by determining the change in the transit time, of an ultrasonic shock wave along the length of the fastener as the fastener is tightened by any method. The on-board microcomputer automatically interprets this time measurement to display the time(nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, or %strain from stretching a fastener. Through the use of high speed digital signal processing and automated diagnostics, the MINI-MAX minimizes the requirement for extensive operator training. With built in data recordation and supporting DakView utility software for Windows PC & MAC OSX, the MNI-MAX offers an easy to use and reliable solution to the most difficult bolting problem.
- The first cost effective ultrasonic solution available on the market.
- Effectively monitor your bolts during periodic shutdowns over the service life of the fastener.
- Visually compare the unloaded to the loaded waveform.
- Measurement quanities – Time (nanoseconds), Elongation, Load, Stress, and Percent Strain.Display Options – RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar.
- Display Resolution – 1/8″ VGA 240 x 160 pixels.
- Stores 8000 readings and waveforms in multiple groups.
- Built-in Linear regression or vector for optimizing load measurements.
- The Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display.Hi/Lo alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port and external pump shut-off device.
- Width (2.5 in/63.5mm)
- Height(6.5 in/165 mm)
- Depth (1.24in/31.5mm)
- 13.5 ounces (with batteries)
- Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated
- aluminum end caps(gasket sealed)
- Data Output
- Bi-directional Rs232 serial port Windows@PC
- interface software
- Membrane switch pad with
- twelve tactile keys
- Operating Temperature
- 14 to 140F (-10C to 60C)
- 1/8VGA grayscale (240 x 160 pixels)
- Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8 in (62 x 45.7 mm) EL
- backlit (on/off/auto)
- Pulse-Echo (standard)
- Pulse-Echo w/Gate (fine adjust)
- Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide)
- Manual or Auto Set gain control with 40dB range
Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
Auto power off if idle 5 min.
Battery status icon.
From 1″to 96″ (25.4mm to 244cm) bolts.
Time – Nanoseconds.
Elongation – Change in length (inches/millimeters).
Load – Force load applied (pounds kIP or kN Kilonewtons).
Stress – Force for unit area stress applied (pounds kPSI or megapascals MPa).
Strain % – percentage strain applied (inches per inch or millimeters per millimeter)
+/- .00001 inches (0.0001 mm)
.0492 to .3936 in/ms
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
Fixed, Single, and Two point zero calibration options.
Select bolt material types from a preset or custom list.
English & Metric / Fahrenheit & Centigrade.
16 megabit non-volatile ram.
A-Scan – Rectified +/- (half wave view), or RF (full waveform view).
Large Digits – Display and toggle between nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain.
Digit Height: 0.400 in (10mm).
Limits Bar(alarm limits) – Set Hi & Lo alarm limits for displaying an acceptable tolerance range.
Repeatability Bar Graph – Bar graph indicates stability of measurement.
DATA LOGGER (INTERNAL)
Total of 8,000 readings, multiple bolt groups. Stores both waveform views, nanoseconds, longation, load, stress, and strain for each reading.
Single Element (1 to 10 MHz & 1/8″ to 1″diameters).
Locking quick disconnect “00” LEMO connectors.
Standard 10 foot cable.
Custom transducers and cable lengths available on request.
Temperature probe for automatic temperature compensation.